Mental Health First Aid Course
The mental health first aid course aims to enhance your understanding of mental health conditions, including who may suffer and what to do about it.
The course focuses on developing practical skills for crisis intervention. It isn’t aimed at making people therapists, but at providing help in an emergency before professional help can be obtained. This makes it ideal for people managing staff, or interacting with the public.
- Causes, signs and symptoms of common mental health problems
- Depression, overdoses, and suicide
- Alcohol, drugs, and anxiety disorders
- What are psychotic disorders
- Opportunities to ask questions, take part in activities & discussions