BSL involves a combination of hand shapes, movement and direction, facial expressions, and body language. It has its own grammar and is structured in a completely different way from English. BSL interpreters allow communication between Deaf sign language users and hearing people.
Signs4Life can provide registered BSL interpreters by video or face-to-face, depending on your needs.
All of our BSL interpreters are NRCPD accredited, and DBS checked.
To ensure that you receive a smooth and high-quality communication service, please let us know:
- The service that you need
- The name of the Deaf person or target audience, to avoid any conflicts of interest
- Any special requirements e.g. male or female BSL interpreter
- Date and time, and length of booking required
- Venue details, including room numbers
- Contact person on the day, together with a mobile number (ideally)
- The topic e.g. legal, health, education, theatre
- Any preparation materials
For bookings and enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org